Bringing People Together
For a Better World
- Global Citizenship Report
- Smart Drinking
- Global Standards
- Global Advisory Council
- Download Center
Global Be(er) Responsible Day
Our family of more than 155,000 colleagues around the world celebrates Global Be(er) Responsible Day each fall, bringing AB InBev’s message of responsible drinking to our communities in a variety of powerful ways.
As part of the fifth annual Global Be(er) Responsible Day in 2014, AB InBev announced the results of an international survey on attitudes toward the responsible serving and selling of alcohol beverages.
The survey, conducted by Brunswick Insight, polled adults of legal drinking age in eight countries - Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, China, Germany, Mexico, U.K. and the U.S. It asked about the prevalence of checking identification and the attitudes toward responsible serving and selling of alcohol beverages. Survey highlights:
- Every day, more than 30 million adults across these markets have their identification checked when they purchase alcohol beverages.
- On average, identification is checked 30 times a year.
- Most consumers either don't mind (39%) or are flattered (15%) when asked to show identification.
- Men are 30% more likely than women to be asked to show identification.
- More than one in three adults across the globe (36%) want responsible drinking tips from servers and sellers.
- Almost half of adults (45%) are open to suggestions about getting a safe ride home.
- Shakira is ranked the world's most popular celebrity designated driver (23%), followed closely by Kate Middleton (22%) who was voted the second most popular.