Bringing People Together
For a Better World
Global Citizenship Report
- Smart Drinking
- Global Standards
- Global Advisory Council
- Download Center
Our Global Responsible Drinking Goals
For more than 30 years, we have invested in efforts to promote responsible drinking and discourage harmful use of alcohol, including drunk driving and underage drinking. To help ensure that our products continue to be consumed as intended and help bring about even more positive behavior change, we set the following goals to be achieved by the end of 2014:
Responsible Drinking Goals
- Reach at least 100 million adults with programs developed by subject matter experts that help parents talk with their children about underage drinking
- Provide ID-checking materials and other educational information to at least half-a-million bars, clubs, restaurants and grocery stores to help them prevent sales to minors
- Provide training on responsible alcohol beverage sales to at least 1 million bartenders, waiters, grocery store clerks, and others who serve and sell alcohol
- Reach at least half-a-billion legal-age consumers to increase awareness of the importance of using a designated driver or safe-ride home
- Invest at least 300 million USD in advertising and programs to help remind and educate consumers about the importance of responsible drinking
- Celebrate Global Be(er) Responsible Day annually to promote the importance of responsible drinking among our employees, retail customers and consumers.
We are pleased to report that we met all of those goals and far exceeded some, as confirmed by an independent auditor. We will be announcing a new set of responsible drinking goals in the second half of 2015. In addition, we will continue to train sales and marketing colleagues on our Responsible Marketing and Communications Code on an annual basis and support compliance with industry advertising and marketing self-regulatory codes.
Click here to view a selection of AB InBev’s responsible drinking initiatives.